Komatsu America Corp. introduces the new PC170LC-11 hydraulic excavator
More productivity, more features, and tier 4 final compliant
LAS VEGAS, March 8, 2017 - Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new PC170LC-11 hydraulic excavator at the CONEXPO-CONAGG 2017 tradeshow. Featuring a 121 net horsepower, EPA Tier 4 Final, SAA4D107E-3 engine, the new PC170LC-11 is a versatile, all-purpose construction machine that offers an enhanced power mode for up to six percent more productivity.
“Just spend a day with the new PC170LC-11 – you’ll be pleasantly surprised by its capability and comfort,” said Andrew Earing, product manager, Komatsu America. “This machine has power beyond its size, yet is light enough to be transported on a 40,000 lb. tag trailer. From digging basement foundations, to larger municipality work, this machine has a wide range of versatility,” Earing said.
In addition to the enhanced power mode, the following features and improvements come standard on the PC170LC-11 excavator:
- A new viscous fan clutch, which provides up to five percent higher FWHP rating and reduced sound levels.
- Auto idle and auto idle shutdown system, to reduce fuel consumption and provide better management of nonproductive extended idle time.
- Reduced hydraulic pressure loss within the main valve.
- Platform mounted DEF tank with sight glass for easy access and filling.
- A standard ISO/Backhoe pattern-change valve makes it easy to switch joystick patterns, to accommodate specific operator preferences.
- Six work modes match engine speed and pump flow to various applications.
- Operator ID provides the capability to view KOMTRAX® data by job, application or operator.
- The wide, spacious ROPS and OPG Level 1 certified cab features design upgrades that help reduce cab noise by two decibels and elevate the cab to among the quietest in its class.
- KOMTRAX® level 5 technology feeds the operator machine data, such as fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) levels, Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), regeneration status, location, cautions and maintenance alert information.
- Updated, large, seven-inch LCD monitor has a new split-display mode, showing both a rear-camera view and key machine-gauge data at the same time.
Another operator-friendly enhancement is the various centralized engine checkpoints, providing easy access to engine oil and filter, the drain valve, fuel drain valve and water separator drain valve.
The PC170LC-11, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and up to two complimentary Komatsu DPF exchanges and up to two DEF tank flushes in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America also serves forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMATSU®, and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees
Contact: Letian Yang
Phone: +44 7451278785
Tel: +44 7451278785